Friday, November 16, 2007

Squash + Sweet Potatoes= Great Winter Soup



Here I am sitting home alone (sniff, sniff - poor, pitiful me) while Grady is over at a friend's house listening to Curtis Salgado at a house party. Had I actually paid attention to the place in the recipe that said "use caution when blending hot liquids", I would be there with him hearing some great music. Instead, I've been here holding an ice pack for most of the evening on the burn in my left palm.

Thank goodness the dinner was delicious, which helps make up for my stupidity. Squash and Sweet Potato Soup with Chipotle Sauce. Except we skipped the sauce for tonight. I'm hoping to find some peppers tomorrow at the Farmer's Market and then we can have the sauce with the leftover soup. The butternut squash in this soup was one of the squashes that we brought home from a farm on our "Fruit Loop Tour" in October. And it made for an ideal cold, rainy day dinner - squash, sweet potatoes, onion, leek, ginger and vegetable broth. Pretty simple except for that pureeing in the blender part.

And the lucky slippers are all ready for the big game tomorrow. Hoping for the miracle upset in honor of my birthday. M Go Blue!

2 comments:

Ann said...

sorry to hear about the burn. the wolverines got burned, too. ouch. oh well.

ckw said...

dude- happy birthday-and for God's sake be careful!