Sunday, November 2, 2008

If the World Could Vote

In all honesty, politics is more on my mind these days than eating local foods. That's not to say we've given up on our efforts. In fact, it's become pretty much a part of our regular routines - and easier these days than some others with farmer's markets still open and even a few things still coming out of our garden.

But, meanwhile, there is this pit in my stomach. For those of you who don't know me, I am world class worrier. Until I met my friend Sarah, I thought I was pretty much top of the line in worrying skills. While I was a school principal, I had plenty on my plate to keep me up nights. Since I've retired, that load has gone down tremendously. Currently taking its place, though, is my concern about the outcome of the election. The polls look favorable for my candidate, Barack Obama. But, I think it's too soon to relax.

So, I am trying to keep busy. Sometimes it's doing other things that are fun to keep my mind off politics - Halloween party (pictures in the next post), church auction, a play reading on Tuesday.... And, other times, I'm throwing myself into the mix to make a few small efforts to help out - being an election observer for the Democratic party of Oregon and making phone calls for the Obama campaign.

All of which is a long-winded way to explain yet another post on the subject of the upcoming election. This exercise below is an interesting diversion. News reports about interest in our election among folks abroad has been pretty much leaning in one direction. But, just for the fun of it, and for my sister who is an expat in France, here's a link to see how people in other countries would vote in our election if they could.

What would happen if the world could vote in the upcoming US Election?

This was started by 3 guys in Iceland. Americans may vote as well.

You may vote on your computer only once.

Check out the tabs on the left at the website // look at the world
map - http://www.iftheworldcouldvote.com/

See the link below to vote --

http://www.iftheworldcouldvote.com/

Once you've voted take a look at how each country is voting!

No comments: