Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Have Not Fallen Off the Planet

Wow, it really has been a long time since I've added a new post to the blog! My list of excuses is long, but maybe not entirely honest. I have been busy, but I can't say that I have had no time on the computer during this busy period. But, I just haven't felt motivated with all the other things going on.

The "busy" stuff included a week at the beach and then a house full of people for four days, including a big party at our house. The visitors here were related to a celebration we held on Sunday to honor Grady's Mom who died in May. It was a lovely afternoon of remembering, telling stories and just good conversation. I know that Anne would have appreciated it, so I think it was well worth the effort.

Meanwhile, we actually have had lots of local food eating with all the garden and farm share options, but I didn't even turn in a weekly report for the One Local Summer Challenge. By way of example, recently, I made a pizza with swiss chard, mushrooms and an Italian sausage along with a fruit salad.
Swiss chard – CSA
Oregon Mushrooms and Italian sausage – Local
Fruit salad – Oregon cantalope, honeydew & blueberries Washington cherries (Wa)

And just to update another recent blog topic, my beat up arm and leg from the bicycle fall are healing pretty well. The bruising is almost gone, scrapes and scabs on the mend. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is that the swelling in my arm doesn't seem to be improving much. But, the doc did say that could take a while.

So, there's a brief check in. I hope to get back into some regular reporting in on our garden and local eating efforts as I get back into normal routines.

No comments: