Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Breakfast Club



This is my Breakfast Club - a group of really terrific women who, in a weak moment, lowered their standards to invite me to join them. We are all teachers and school principals - some retired and some still carrying on the good fight. We gather for breakfast on a fairly regular basis, trying out various restaurants around town. We even manage to talk about things other than schools and the school district fairly often. This morning, as a surprise, they turned this one into a celebration of my retirement. Flowers, gifts, cards, good food, and lots of great conversation.


Barbara used her creativity and computer skills to develop a "Portland Public Schools Report Card" for me. I don't have a good enough camera to get a photo where you could read the text. But, suffice to say, I was only satisfactory in "practices good grooming" and in "shares crayons". But, got excellent marks in areas like "touched so many along the way", "made a difference", and in "reason to be proud". Those earlier categories were from an actual report card of some vintage.



Thanks, gals. It's the best club in town in which to claim membership!

No comments: