Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Winter Farmer's Market

Is this great or what?! Beautiful produce from local farms in January. Cold, but no snow, and lots of friendly people.
I hate to admit that it has taken me this long to check out the year-round farmer's market at People's Coop, especially since it is quite close to where I live. But, in my continuing saga of trying new things, this was a terrific one. I am so pleased to have these lovely and local greens, squash, carrots, onions, and mushrooms. And, it will help with my next mostly local meals this week. Life is good!

2 comments:

ckw said...

yay- that's great- somebody told me they deliver -too? great pic of produce- yum!

Joan said...

I don't know if they deliver, but it seems unlikely. I know that New Seasons has a delivery service. But, don't know about the People's Coop or their Wednesday farmers at the market. Besides, the fun is in picking the stuff out!