Saturday, December 27, 2008

Chriastmas Morning Frittata - Dark Days Week 6

Start with Oregon-grown chard, scallions, small red potatoes, sweet red pepper and garlic.

Saute all of these in a small amount of olive oil; mix into beaten eggs (we used six); add a little bit of feta cheese (in this case not very local).
Cook on the stove top about 4 minutes until it starts to set on the bottom. Put under the broiler for a few minutes.


And have a fairly festive looking Christmas morning breakfast.

I had stalled on posting this because I had talked Kris into taking some photos for me - hoping to include them as my celebrity guest photographer. But, due to some difference in the format, he can't download them while he's here. So, maybe I'll get to add them later on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple and festive, very pretty. Red pepper and chard are a fav combo for me in any dish too. Happy times :-)

Anonymous said...

That looks SO GOOD! I don't have any chard left though...perhpas I'm try leeks (white and green parts) and see how that works. There's nothing better than a good breakfast to get the days started, both in food energy and in how it brings life to a cold kitchen and adds a wonderful aroma!